Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Doctor and New U/S Pics

So I apologize that I haven't been keeping you all completely up to date. The main reason for that is because I've recently had some complications with the pregnancy and I didn't want to worry you. However, things are looking up, so I figured I should share. 

It all started about two weeks ago, I won't get into the details, but it was recommended that I go on bed rest. Well, things were not getting better, so finally last Thursday I was able to see my obgyn. The meeting did not go well. She did not know what was wrong, and did not give me any advice as to how I should progress. She told me that I had a 50-50 chance of miscarrying, and there was nothing either of us could do to prevent it. Obviously, I left very upset and actually sat in my car and cried. After sharing my experience with Justin and my friend Alli, they both recommended that I get a 2nd opinion. 

So the next day I found a new obgyn through my insurance and set up an appointment. They were able to get me in right away, which I was very happy about. The new doctor was so nice. I felt a huge difference in the way that I was treated. She really listened to me, and seemed sincerely concerned about my issues. She did a pelvic exam and discovered what she believed to be the cause of all the problems (I couldn't believe that she found something, when the other obgyn had done exactly the same exam the day before and hadn't found anything). Anyways, she treated the issue and told me that all the symptoms should soon subside, and it should have no effect on the pregnancy. Just to be certain, she asked me to remain on bed rest and slowly start to integrate activity back into my life. I will go back to see her on May 1st.

She also did an ultrasound to reassure me that everything was ok with the little one. The ultrasound was really amazing. The baby was moving around like crazy. It looked like s/he was hip hop dancing. Even the doctor was getting a hoot out of it. We just sat there and watched for like 5 minutes (I really wish Justin could have been there with me). She took measurements and a heartbeat and said everything looked perfect. Below are two pictures from the ultrasound, a teddy bear shot where you can make out the arms and legs, and a profile shot.  

Since things seem to be getting better, Justin and I are starting to get more and more excited. I bought my first maternity clothes today, and can't wait until I actually have a bump and can start wearing them. I also can't believe I'm almost in the 2nd trimester already. Sorry for writing such a novel, but thanks for reading. 

Teddy Bear Pic:

Profile Pic:

6 comments:

  1. thank you for writing us and keeping us updated. im sorry this has been such a rough two weeks for you both. Im glad things are getting better! Wish we lived closer, I miss you guys! The pictures of the baby are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that everything is going better. I am so glad you decided to get a second opinion! I hope you have a much more positive experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - so cool, I am sure the baby was hip-hopping knowing you and your dancing shoes not to mention You were a very active one in utero! I am glad that things are going so much better so that you can get back to being excited! I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, s/he is already adorable, I can tell! Can you believe you have a tiny little person in there? It's truly a miracle, and I am so happy I get to watch you grow, lol! I had so much fun the other day, we will do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOK at that sweet baby! This is exciting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how wonderful to see our great grandchild!

    ReplyDelete